The Cleveland Orchestra is currently seeking a Development Operations Coordinator, who will be responsible for supporting the data management functions of the Philanthropy & Advancement team, as well as the donor-centric goals of the organization.
Responsibilities include the following:
Data Management and Stewardship
- Maintain a high profile and active role in the Orchestra’s Tessitura power-users committee
- Establish and ensure database “best practices” are used consistently by all Tessitura users and with all data processes for accuracy, consistency and reliability of information.
- Provide Lists and Extractions to Development teams for events, mailings, digital collateral distribution, and direct mail
- Provide funder recognition for organizational publications, including concert programs, press releases, and marketing materials
- Track Endowed Chairs and Naming Opportunities in Tessitura
- Support Development Database Manager in creating and updating reports, templates, and dashboards for organization-wide information consumption.
Prospect Research and Tele-fund Administration
- Regularly identify best prospects for gift officers.
- Complete procedural and ad hoc donor research and prospecting using on-line tools combined with set identified patron segments.
- Act as liaison with our telefunding vendor for data management, ensuring information is consistent and accurate.
- Develop and produce lead sheets of prospective donors utilized by the telefund campaign.
- Administer weekly telefunding procedures including data updates to Tessitura and pledge received reports.
Technical Support and Training
- Provide initial and ongoing training to all applicable staff and ensure that all team members have basic proficiency in Tessitura’s functionality as well as knowledge of data entry standards, policies and procedures.
- Test various updates and upgrades to the Tessitura
- Develop and maintain contacts within the Tessitura community to identify and share innovative uses of Tessitura. Participate in Tessitura conferences and utilize related webinars, online forums and other available resources for professional development.
- Update Tessitura with various activities and information.
- Ensure the accuracy of the Tessitura database and complete updates, audits and maintenance on an ongoing basis, including creating and promoting events and activities.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 2-4 years technical experience in database management or technical support.
- Familiarity with fundraising software systems, especially Tessitura, highly desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and able to learn and use various database and planning software.
- Ability to balance a highly technical function with an outstanding level of customer service.
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated independent, mature judgment.
- Ability to consistently maintain a professional image and demeanor.
- Strong problem-solving skills combined with a collaborative approach.
- Ability to successfully prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be able to travel to local or regional meetings.
- Be available to work on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package, including a 403(b) plan with employer match, along with the opportunity to work with a world-renowned Orchestra.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer