Art House, Inc. Part-Time Development Officer
Reports to Executive Director
Art House is seeking a qualified candidate who is passionate about the importance of the arts in our society and eager to join the staff of a small non-profit that is at an exciting juncture in its twenty-one year history. The DO is responsible for creating a development program which secures funds from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government sources to support unrestricted operating and special program or project funding. The development program will include a robust grants program, events that support cultivation and stewardship of donors, a benefit that raises awareness and funds, social media fundraising and an annual fund program. In addition to securing funding for current programming, Art House will be launching a special campaign to build an Art Park ad DO will work directly with the ED and the Campaign Consultant to implement this program. The DO will maintain the CRM data base, the master calendar of grant application and report deadlines, and drive social media fundraising. The DO will participate in developing marketing and branding strategies that support the development program and build a culture of philanthropy.
Hours are flexible and can combine remote with on-site hours. 25- 30 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement a development strategy encompassing gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government sources.
- Conduct prospect research to identify, solicit, and cultivate new grants and
- Maintain and manage the master grants calendar to ensure timely submission of all letters of inquiry, requests and reports.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospects and donors as determined by ED
- Write high-quality, clear, persuasive grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
- Sustain an understanding of institution’s history and programs and maintain updated narratives at all times
- Keep all organizational documents used for fundraising and marketing current and accessible
- Prepare budget information, forecasts and progress reports as needed by ED and program staff
- Plan and implement donor cultivation and fundraising events
- Maintain accurate and complete files of donors and prospects in CRM data base and necessary paper files of gifts and proposals.
- Work with board and staff to envision and achieve annual fundraising goals
- Coordinate with staff to create a case for support, annual reports, marketing materials, and website updates
- Implement a social media fundraising program
- Communicate regularly with ED and staff on submissions, planned submissions and strategy
- Participate in all staff meetings and other meetings as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Strong written communication skills, ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Strong editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic fundraising and research techniques and strategies
- Budget preparation
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Able to monitor and meet income goals
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Experience with social media platforms and electronic fundraising practices
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and donor data bases
Please send resume, letter of interest, proposal samples, and contact information for 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review begins immediately. Position is open until filled.
Art House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to the work of creating a more equitable and just world. Our mission is to inspire exploration and expression through the visual arts. www.arthouseinc.org