CLEVELAND PUBLIC THEATRE SEEKS DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
Cleveland Public Theatre (CPT) produces groundbreaking performances and life-changing education programs to raise consciousness and nurture compassion.
CPT seeks a Development Assistant willing to join its hard-working team with the ambitious goals of growing the organization and changing the community.
Summary of Position: This position is a year-round, salaried, staff position. Salary is competitive and based on experience and capacity. The Development Assistant is responsible for supporting CPT in achieving its fundraising goals with a focus on administration. Duties include donor communications, special events management, coordination of donor benefits, database management, support services for internal and external meetings, preparation of donor materials, expense processing, and filing systems maintenance.
The Development Assistant reports to the Director of Organizational Advancement and has the following responsibilities.
- Produces and/or sends donor correspondence, including thank you letters, annual appeal mailings, invoices, and cover letters
- Manages special events – including CPT’s annual fundraiser Pandemonium – by collecting guest lists, communicating with attendees, helping to oversee the arrival and departure of guests, tracking event attendance, and overseeing volunteers as applicable
- Coordinates all donor benefits, including program ads, signage, name listings, logo placement on publicity materials, and complimentary tickets
- Processes company mail, enters individual donations and special event sponsorships in database, and maintains all donor information
- Provides support for meetings (Board, fundraising task forces, etc.): scheduling, space reservation and set-up, document preparation, and catering as needed
- Prepares and maintains donor materials, including education brochures, programming one-sheets, informational packets, and oversight of video samples
- Processes development department expenses, and works closely with the Finance Department on numerous activities
- Maintains electronic and hard copy filing systems, including donor profile sheets and copies of donor correspondence
- Works as a team member with the rest of the staff at special events, including community-wide and education program events
- Attends meetings including weekly staff meetings and takes notes as necessary
- Maintains good work habits including promptness, adherence to CPT workplace policies, preparedness for meetings and events, and responsive follow-through on all donor, supervisor, and staff requests
- Maintains a positive attitude with donors and staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to stay organized and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing a database and/or other information tracking systems
- Must enjoy people and be comfortable working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and prioritize
- Enthusiasm, dedication, and grace under pressure
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently; to create/modify systems and processes
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Background in – or knowledge of – theatre arts preferred but not required
The working culture of CPT values creativity, boldness, generosity, kindness, perseverance, industriousness, dedication, and a sense of humor.
Reviews start immediately and continue until position is filled. Our goal is to fill the position by April 30.
Please email cover letter, resume, recent writing sample, and professional references to email@example.com.
PS: If you live out-of-town, Cleveland is an excellent community with top-notch arts, a vibrant theatre scene, beautiful public parks, a great lake, an excellent food scene, and VERY affordable housing!