The Creative Fusion Residency Facilitator will work with artists to help them realize their project goals. Starting in June, Art House, Inc. will be hosting two Cleveland Foundation Creative Fusion artists: an artist from Mexico and a Cleveland artist. We anticipate that the CFR Facilitator’s primary role will be to help the international artist with her project and in getting to know Cleveland and the art and culture scene, but may also include helping and coordinating events with the Cleveland CF artist. The facilitator represents Art House and will introduce the guest artist to the city, partners, and the community at large and assist the artists in workshop programs, events and in the creation of new artwork. The position requires that s/he assist, plan, and implement the residency with oversight and assistance from the AH staff. The CFR Facilitator is a temporary, contracted position for 15- 16 hours per week beginning in June throughout the duration of the artists’ residency.
• This position requires someone who is flexible, readily adaptable, and interested in working with artist(s) who will be creating projects with the refugee population
• Must have own transporation, licensed, insured. Limited mileage reimbursement included.
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Candidate should to be able to quickly assess the needs of another person, assess new opportunities when they are presented, and can network to include others.
• Be able to work independently and as member of a team
• Candidate will become a professional ambassador representing Art House, so s/he must be willing to become familiar with the organization.
• Candidates with experience in arts management, art education, grants, or visual arts are preferred. However, senior level college students will be considered. This is a great opportunity to gain experience working with a small non-profit to learn more about arts administration, education, and art.
• Bilingual, or basic knowledge of Spanish.
• Familiarity with the arts and cultural scene in Northeast Ohio and/or knowledge of the sector beyond NEO.
• Work with AH staff to develop and implement the work plan with the artist that includes workshops and lecture events.
• Meet with Art House staff and artist on a weekly basis to follow up on program needs, expectations, and questions/problems.
• Communicate any hospitality needs to Executive Director.
• Work with the Executive and Program Director to coordinate required program meetings, residency planning, and residency grant reporting.
• Track and update budget; ordering materials as necessary.
• Work with ED on final report and evaluation of residency experience.
• Facilitate projects throughout the duration of the residencies. Tasks may include physically assisting with planning details, with specific needs in the studio, helping the international artist maneuver around the city, to connect with other artists, professionals, and organizations as needed.
• Cultivate a positive experience for the international guest by:
o Developing and organizing events that help connect to the community
o Making connections with other host organizations with input from AH staff
o Coordinating local trips to museums, galleries, and city events as necessary
o Taking the guest artist to other significant places that may help the artist gain a thorough experience of Cleveland
o Helping the artist learn about the neighborhoods, markets, and landmarks that make up the city of Cleveland.
• Assist with documenting/blogging and reporting residency activities
• Assist artists and staff in any exhibition development, presentation preparation, announcements
Please send resume, letter of interest, and contact information for 3 professional references to email@example.com. Review begins immediately. No phone calls please.
Art House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to the work of creating a more equitable and just world. Our mission is to inspire exploration and expression through the visual arts.
© 2021 Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.