ideastream is seeking a Controller to assist the CFO in all financial management aspects of the Company including leading the financial reporting function, monitoring and enhancing internal control measures, and coordination of administrative, accounting and controlling responsibilities of the Company. Participate in, and in some instances oversee, the preparation and flow of financial information to the CEO, the Board and where necessary, external parties.
The successful candidate must have:
- Current Ohio CPA
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field, Masters degree preferred
- In-depth knowledge of financial reporting, generally accepted accounting principles and best practices in nonprofit accounting.
- Supervisory, planning and management skills to monitor and manage performance.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and accounting system products.
- Seven to ten years of accounting and financial reporting experience
ideastream serves the people of Northeast Ohio as a trusted and dynamic multimedia source for illuminating the world around us. Publicly supported and locally owned, ideastream is indispensable and highly valued for its unique ability to strengthen our community. ideastream is the consolidation of WVIZ/PBS, 90.3 WCPN, WCLV 104.9, ideastream Education and management of The Ohio Channel and the Ohio Public Radio and Television Statehouse News Bureau on behalf of all Ohio’s public broadcasting stations.
If you fit this profile and are looking for the next big move in your career please go to www.ideastream.org/employment
and click on the position desired.