ideastream®, Northeast Ohio’s Public Media organization, has an exciting opportunity for a Community Engagement Specialist to engage with Northeast Ohio community members around critical issues, and then use feedback to design and implement programs/projects that will have measurable impact. The candidate will determine the best ways for public media to improve community policies and behaviors with a focus on underserved neighborhoods. The successful specialist will play a pivotal role transforming the lives and activities of Northeast Ohio by strategizing, planning, executing, and managing innovative community campaigns to engage with partners, businesses, government officials, and community groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in community meetings, listen, and share themes and ideas with colleagues.
- Strategically network and create partnerships to further impact goals.
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of engagement activities, e.g. focus groups, watch parties, etc.
- Enterprise creative ways to use public media platforms to achieve specific project impact goals. For example, collaborate with health clinics to create videos for viewing during patient appointments with the goal of helping people get and stay healthy.
- Develop new ways to distribute ideastream content to underserved communities/audiences.
- Gather and maintain project-related data and draft periodic impact reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passionate speaker, thinker, and initiator, preferably with experience in journalism and/or news production
- Organized and detail-oriented to plan and manage community engagement events and deadlines
- Skilled at fostering and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Proficient in using social media platforms and digital software
- Familiar with Cleveland and its diverse neighborhoods
- Able to work with diverse constituencies of our community with respect and integrity
- Aware, and stays informed, of critical community issues and trends
- Public health experience (not required but would be helpful)
Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to see, communicate, hear, and utilize electronic communication devices.
- Ability to travel to regional field sites as required.
- Ability to work irregular hours, on occasion, in order to attend community events.
ideastream is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds, and we especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. If you think you would be a great fit for the role but do not meet all the descriptors above, please do not hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself at www.ideastream.org/employment.