CityMusic Cleveland is a professional Chamber Orchestra committed to enhancing access to classical performances in local communities. CityMusic performs free orchestra and chamber music concerts in several Cleveland neighborhoods and suburbs, partnering with communities to bring programming to life and serve local residents.
The Communications Manager is responsible for planning and executing all aspects of CityMusic Cleveland’s marketing, public relations, and digital media strategy. The Communications Manager will take ownership of representing CityMusic’s mission and programming to the public through creative and effective digital outreach efforts. The Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director and coordinates with other staff as needed. This is a part time position, approximately 15 hours per week. The starting hourly rate is $15 (subject to negotiation).
- Develop communications that maximize digital engagement and drive attendance for CityMusic’s concerts.
- Author and distribute press releases and partner with local media to ensure broader awareness of CityMusic programming.
- Generate content for website, email campaigns, and social accounts, following established editorial calendar. Attend concerts and rehearsals to capture video and photo content and edit as needed. Utilize basic software to create graphics for social media posts.
- Keep website updated with all relevant information on events, musicians, fundraising, etc.
- Track and report metrics on website and social media channels.
Minimum Education, Experience & Qualifications
- College graduate with experience in digital marketing.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable about social media platforms and email marketing software.
- Ability to effectively schedule communications and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of and experience with classical music.
- Experience writing press releases.
- Basic video editing skills.
- Experience using Canva or other basic design software.
- Experience using Squarespace or similar website design system.
- Experience writing blog posts or similar content.
To apply send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications begins November 14th and will continue until the position is filled.