Reports to: Associate Director of Operations
Basic Functions: The Communications & Events Manager will be responsible for generating and distributing content that supports the organization’s programs, including marketing communications, PR, fundraising, and grant-writing. This candidate will also plan and execute the organization’s annual events.
• Manage communications for Ohio City Incorporated including website, social media, e-newsletter, printed materials, presentations, and press releases.
• Support the organization’s advancement initiatives including grant-writing, sponsorship programs, and fundraising.
• Plan and execute the organization’s annual fundraising events, annual meeting, and other neighborhood activities. Responsibilities include program planning, budgeting, hiring and coordinating with contractors, soliciting donations, assisting with sponsorship management and recruitment, preparing permit applications, and volunteer coordination.
• Facilitate the organization’s external event partnerships.
Preferred Skills: • Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-driven and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Well organized and detail-oriented.
• Basic graphic design ability and experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
• Flexible schedule including night and weekend availability.
Qualifications: 2-4 years relative experience (some event planning experience preferred.)
Compensation: Salary Range $30,000-$35,000. Ohio City Incorporated offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, IRA, and advancement opportunities.
To apply, submit your resume and 1-3 work samples showcasing your written skills and design ability to email@example.com . Applications will close 6/30/2019