Position type: Full-Time; Seasonal; Non-Exempt; Union (IATSE)
Desired Start Date: September 19, 2022
End Date: May 28, 2023
Reports to: Lighting Supervisor
Cleveland Play House (CPH) is seeking an IATSE Electrician to join the production team for the 2022-23 season to help light our main stages, New Ground Theatre Festival, and the CWRU/CPH MFA program to help ensure that each technical rehearsal and performance runs smoothly. This position requires an active membership in the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE), Local 27. If not currently a member, membership will be made available upon acceptance of this position after 30 days of work.
– Work as part of the Electrics Crew to prepare all technical aspects of implementing the Light Plot and to install the lighting equipment for all CPH shows, CPH/CWRU MFA shows and special events
– Be the Lead Electrician for all productions and events in either the Outcalt or Allen Theatre
– Serve as the Light Board Programmer and Operator for all productions, performances, and events in the Outcalt or Allen Theatre
– Assist the Lead Electrician in either the Outcalt or Allen Theatre with all production needs
– Work with Head Electrician in the maintenance and repair of theatre lighting systems and stage lighting equipment
– Maintain a safe and healthy work environment
– Attend and participate in all assigned staff training sessions, department meetings, show specific trainings and potential committee groups within the organization.
– Ability to read and interpret Light Plots, Lighting Paperwork, and construction drawings
– Working knowledge of stage rigging, basic electricity, and electrical wiring
Desired Experience & Skills Include:
– Ability to work from ladders and personnel lifts
– Familiarity with ETC EOS family control systems
– Familiarity with MIDI show control and basic console networking
– Familiarity with DMX controlled fixtures, LED technology, and W-DMX systems
Relevant experience: Previous Run Crew Experience; previous experience in theatrical, concert, or event lighting; previous experience in electrical wiring and safety; experience staying alert and focused during long periods of inactivity
This position will primarily work in collaboration with the Lighting Supervisor, Associate Lighting Supervisor, IATSE Head and Electricians.
Work Schedule: Based on 40 hours per week; work days and call times vary with production schedule.
– Three days’ PTO upon completion of an evaluation period.
– Paid company holidays.
– CPH contributes to IATSE Health, Pension, and Profit-Sharing Plans.
– Tickets to select CPH productions subject to availability.
– Parking is available at employee’s cost.
Interested applicants should upload a cover letter with a resume and submit that information through the CPH website. Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. For additional information on Cleveland Play House, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.clevelandplayhouse.com.
Cleveland Play House is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CPH is on an active and ongoing journey to becoming an anti-racist organization, fostering and sustaining a culture that values community, social justice and equity. Please learn more about where we started on this journey in CPH’s April 2, 2021 statement: https://www.clevelandplayhouse.com/cph-statement
CPH has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy for all employees.