ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION JOB DESCRIPTION
Classification: Full time salary position
Term of Employment: Flexible start date
Reports to: Director of Production
Salary range: $47,250 – $54,500
Cleveland Play House (CPH) is seeking an Associate Director of Production (ADoP) to join the production team. This position works in close partnership with the Director of Production (DoP) to share production management of the work on our main stages, New Ground Theatre Festival, Education, the CWRU/CPH MFA program productions and special events. This position also works closely with all Production, Artistic staff and guest artists.
This is a growth position. The work is rooted in core job responsibilities. In a collaborative partnership with the Director of Production the job tasks and leadership will expand over time. The ADoP work calls for administrative, facility and supply management and team leadership.
Core beginning responsibilities include:
- Cultivate a joyful, collaborative, inclusive, and anti-racist CPH workplace by building culturally competent and generative relationships among staff, and immediately addressing instances of micro aggressive or harmful language or behavior
- Coordinate production expense tracking and management
- Manage weekly payroll submission for all employees in the production department
- Administrative support to Supervisors in their staff onboarding, training and mentoring
- Participate in team-approach hiring process for all production staff
- Participate in weekly departmental equity, diversity, access and inclusion learning conversations
- Foster reuse, reduce, recycle and safe disposal of material
- Administrative support in production staff goal setting, self-evaluation and review process
- Maintain supplies for stage management
- Coordinate facility projects in the theatre complex and Middough building spaces
- Support Production Office Assistant’s leadership as they manage Shoreway Production Center
- Support Covid-19 Resource Plan within production spaces and process
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment
Developing and expanding job responsibilities shared with the Director of Production may include:
- Collaborate in season planning, including script and designer selection
- Supervise Production staff in day-to-day management and personnel issues
- Onboard, train and mentor stage management staff
- Collaborate in policy setting
- Partner with DoP to production-lead programming to foster joy, artistry and teamwork. This includes responsibly guiding coordination for all aspects of the production process through providing schedules, budgets, communication, and upholding accessibility, cultural competency and specificity of the design.
Desired experience and skills include:
- Ability to establish and maintain communication in person, via email, phone, Zoom and other means clearly, accurately and identify and share key information with those who need it
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to resolve multi-step challenges
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs, and ability to learn new platforms such as Dropbox and Ahola (payroll system)
- Ability to analyze scripts, designs, technical drawings and other information to summarize, organize and apply to planning and budgeting
- Ability to estimate materials costs and develop and adhere to schedules
- Ability to become familiar with IATSE, USA, AEA and other union agreements
- Experience in initiatives relating to accessibility, racial equity and social responsibility
- Ability to lead and manage a team for project-based work with a positive outlook
- Two years prior experience in a theatre production capacity desired
M-F 8am-4:30pm; shared attendance with DoP for tech and preview performances includes some evenings and weekends. Some remote work and flextime possible.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes: group medical health insurance to which CPH contributes a portion of the employee’s premium; additionally dental, vision…etc. and other plans are available as well.
- Paid vacation, company and discretionary holidays as well as the opportunity to participate in a 401(K) plan.
- Tickets to select CPH productions subject to availability
- Parking is available at employee’s cost.
Interested applicants should upload a cover letter with a resume and submit that information through the CPH website. Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. For additional information on Cleveland Play House, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.clevelandplayhouse.com.
Cleveland Play House is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CPH is on an active and ongoing journey to becoming an anti-racist organization, fostering and sustaining a culture that values community, social justice and equity. Please learn more about where we started on this journey in CPH’s April 2, 2021 statement: https://www.clevelandplayhouse.com/cph-statement
** CPH has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy for all employees**