Cleveland Clinic seeks proposals that address the intersection of art, sustainability and community.
• Cleveland Clinic’s environmental sustainability efforts center on making a positive impact on human health by promoting clean air, soil and water, and healthy buildings and homes.
• The Art Program crafts engaging, meaningful interactions with contemporary art. Integral to the healing environment, the artwork activates and anchors spaces throughout Cleveland Clinic Enterprise. The collection is designed to present a broad range of perspectives, promoting empathy and inclusion by making visible the diversity of patients, visitors and caregivers.
• Cleveland Clinic promotes the well-being of our communities through educating, investing, hiring, and healing.
The summer 2022 collaboration between Sustainability and Art Program asks an artist or artist team to engage with Cleveland Clinic’s sustainability initiatives through research and their own artistic interpretation of the issues.
• Potential themes: Climate change; waste reduction; carbon neutrality; air quality
• Format: Installation, object, social practice or performance-based work. Work of varying scale will be considered
• Location: Outdoor public space or indoor installation on Cleveland Clinic Main Campus (dependent on proposal)
– RFP deadline: May 16, 2022
– Award notification: May 23, 2022
– Target Installation date -fall 2022
• Artist fee: $15,000
– Materials, labor, installation reimbursed up to an amount TBD
• Selection Criteria
– Substantive concept
• Please provide a written description of the project (no more than one page). In addition to the visual aspects, address how the art will connect with sustainability and community.
• Provide an estimated timeline and budget for the proposed project.
• Include preliminary photographs, sketches, and/or renderings to help the selection committee visualize the concept.
• Include any other relevant info –website, bio, CV, artist statement and images of past work/installations.
All submissions should be sent in pdf format by 5:00 PM EST on Monday, May 16, 2022 to Brian Downey, Cleveland Clinic Art Program –email@example.com