Job Summary: The Guest Services Representative will be responsible for ensuring a positive visitor experience by providing excellent customer service to our guests and members. This includes welcoming visitors to the Garden, providing information to guests, addressing visitor questions and concerns, processing memberships, and working the cash register and / or computer for payments.
- Communicate guest and facility needs with other staff in the appropriate department.
- Complete ticket sales and other transactions at the Garden Store
- Perform error-free cash, check, and credit card transactions.
- Perform error-free end of day reconciliation for all sales transactions.
- Ensure an accurate count of all guests, groups, and other visitors for reporting purposes.
- Ensure accurate guest information is provided and recorded for the sales of all memberships and class registrations.
- Display a welcoming and positive disposition as you greet guests..
- Provide customer service to guests by answering and addressing all related questions and concerns.
- Direct guests to proper staff member/ department if further assistance is needed.
- Possess knowledge of the Cleveland Botanical Garden events, programs and services
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Assist the Guest Services Manager in special projects as requested.
- Enter data into the POS system.
- This position will also be cross-trained to work in the Garden Store and Ticketing Desk
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule on an “as needed” basis
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with staff, volunteers, visitors, and guests.
- Ability to learn or possess strong understanding of point-of-sale software
- Excellent cash handling skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work with the public in a positive manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, and stoop; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, and controls, reach with hands and arms, and have the ability to talk and hear. The employee must have the ability to exert 5 pounds of force occasionally.
Additionally, qualified candidates must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and common fractions, and decimals; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages; ability to read and comprehend documents; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, guests, and the general public; ability to interact with the public and team members in a positive manner; ability to solve practical problems.