Chief Executive Officer in advancing and leading the mission of The Fine Arts Association through the leadership of the staff, faculty, property, affairs and finances of the Association.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with Board of Directors to establish mission, vision, values and strategic direction of Association.
- Leads the operations of the organization, including budget, staffing, planning and enrollment to deliver our strategic plan and mission.
- Maintains primary fiduciary and reporting responsibility regarding programming, operations and investment holdings.
- Models the values of the organization. Fosters a culture of trust, collaboration and team effectiveness. Leads with our students, parents, patrons, community and mission in mind.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors. Participates in Committees of the Board of Directors to achieve strategic and operational goals. Partners with the Board Committee Chairs and liaisons.
- Direct leadership of staff in carrying out vision, values and strategic direction.
- Champions the development plan and function along with the Director of Development.
- Champions innovative programming to support and enhance the mission.
- Champions educational programming and community outreach programs to fulfill the mission.
- Coordinates maintenance and operation of the building and grounds.
- Serves as the primary representative of the FAA in the surrounding communities.
- Provides regularly scheduled evaluation of all direct reports. Makes recommendations to the Board regarding compensation, hiring and termination of executive-level staff. Exercises authority in coordination with the board HR liaison on personnel matters, including compensation, hiring and termination of non-executive staff and faculty.
- 10+ years of leadership or related operations management of a non-profit organization
- Proven communication and change management skills
- Proven financial acumen and budget management experience
- Proven ability to cultivate donor relationships and community partnership
- Management experience in the arts education and performance sector
- Master’s degree in business management or related field
- Prior experience managing education programs geared towards both children and adults
- Knowledge of the range of artistic expression
The following positions report to the CEO:
- Administrative Coordinator
- Director of Marketing
- Director of Development
- Director of Education
- Roger and Anne Clapp Chair of Performing Arts
- Manager of Finance, Payroll & Benefits
- Customer Service Lead
Lines of Communication:
Full Time Exempt
- The CEO reports to the Board of Directors.