Job Opening: Contract Artist-Educators
Since 2002, Arts Impact (formerly Progressive Arts Alliance) has been exciting students, teachers, and the general public with dynamic arts programs that showcase the depth and scope of the contemporary arts. Arts Impact brings art to the classroom through a wide range of art forms, from sculpture and mixed media to contemporary dance and DJ’ing with turntables. Our specialized group of professional artists have the expertise to teach art in schools, libraries and after-school programs throughout the community. We are currently looking to hire additional part-time as well as contract teaching artists in the following areas:
1. In-School Residencies:
Artist-Educators are needed for in-school, primarily in Cleveland. These K-8 residencies focus on arts integration by linking art with existing curriculum to deepen student understanding of academic topics while providing rich, hands-on artmaking experiences. Residencies are designed in partnership with classroom teachers and occur during the school day. Artist-Educators will be required to write lesson plans. Artists will receive paid training in Arts Impact’s processes, and these positions are part-time and flexible.
2. After School Programs:
Artist-Educators are needed for after school settings, primarily in Cleveland. The K-8 after school programs focus on providing students with high-quality opportunities in the arts and are not tied to specific academic instruction.
3. Social and Emotional (SEL) Arts-Based Programs:
Arts Impact has worked with a specialist to develop a specific SEL Art Program that focuses and developing social and emotional awareness through art for students in grades 6-12. Artist-Educators are needed for both in-school and after school settings.
• Working artist committed to excellence
• Experience in working with children
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to write lesson plans (for in-school residencies only)
• Experience working collaboratively
• Positive attitude and respect for children and their ability to learn
• Ability to perform administrative duties such as lesson plan submission and scheduling
• Bachelor’s degree and experience as a teaching artist preferred
• Commitment to arts education and arts integration as an approach to empowering student achievement
Applicants may be considered for one or several of the open positions. Please indicate a preference to one or all openings.
Submit resumé and cover letter to Maryanne Hiti, Program Manager at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
© 2021 Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.