Full-Time, Salaried, non-exempt, starting salary $31,200
The Development Assistant provides important support to the efforts of a fast-paced development department, including providing administrative support for the development team, as well as ongoing data collection for required grant and annual reporting in support of Beck Center’s mission.
ORANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT: We create arts experiences for all ages and abilities as individual as the communities and people we serve.
1. Support the initiatives and priorities of the Development Team.
1. Assist in planning, organizing, and on-site execution of special events at Beck Center, including, but not limited to, fundraising events, donor stewardship and cultivation events, staff meetings, and other events as required.
2. Assist to ensure all donor thank you letters for annual fund, capital campaign, sponsorship, and in-kind gifts are delivered in a timely manner.
3. Assist in entering biographical and gift information and help maintain the accuracy and integrity of the donor database, including generating lists and mailing labels.
4. Provides administrative support to the Development team, including scheduling appointments, and maintaining calendars.
5. Maintaining and organizing both electronic and physical filing system.
6. Collect relevant data for the Ohio Cultural Data Project, such as attendance for programs not tracked in TicketSearch and ActiveEducate. Collect data and documentation needed for the financial audit throughout the fiscal year.
7. Other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
General office environment; must be able to utilize a phone, computer and screen, and other office equipment. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk, and hear; and occasionally stand, walk, reach, stoop, or kneel. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: Collaborative, outgoing and energetic, highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, strategic, embrace growth opportunities, and has an affinity for arts and education.
Experience: 1-2 years in development or customer service-related field. Knowledge of DonorPerfect or similar CRM is a plus.
Specific Skills/Knowledge: Computer efficiency; excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to effectively handle multiple projects; demonstrated ability to set and meet deadlines and prioritize tasks accordingly; must be able to work some evenings and weekends. Please contact Megan DeFranco at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2022. No phone calls, please.