Part-time, hourly, non-exempt
The Customer Service Associate (CSA) will maintain the highest standard of customer service for Beck Center constituents, families, board members, staff, and volunteers. The CSA will engage and interact with all customers to address their concerns, answer their questions, and assist them with their needs. This includes greeting all visitors, registering students for classes, selling tickets, serving as the front-line receptionist for telephone and in-person interactions, and becoming a subject expert on Beck Center classes, performances, and events. The CSA reports to the Customer Service Manager and, in his/her absence, the Customer Experience Manager.
ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT: We create art experiences for all ages and abilities as individual as the communities and people we serve.
1. Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support at all times.
2. Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward all customers.
3. Respond promptly to customer inquiries at the front desk, over the telephone, via email, and via voicemail.
4. Address all customer questions with accuracy and completeness. Always check with a supervisor or Director of Finance and Operations if in doubt.
5. Acknowledge and resolve customer complaints where possible and escalate those issues to the Customer Service Manager or Customer Experience Manager as necessary.
6. Learn our products inside and out so that you can effectively answer questions, overcome obstacles and make the ticket or class sale.
7. Accurately process all ticket orders, class registrations, audition signups, and any additional requests as needed.
8. Accurately process and secure all cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
9. Accurately process all ticket donation requests.
10.Keep records of customer interactions, voicemails, transactions, comments, and complaints.
11.Arrange the distribution of all mail, deliveries, and other packages accurately and in a timely manner.
12.Communicate and coordinate with team members to strengthen the team and increase group knowledge.
13.Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process to Managers and the Director of Finance and Operations.
14.Interface with Beck Center staff and volunteers to share information and support other departments as needed.
15.Monitor the appearance of the first-floor sales and lobby area to ensure the facility and the front desk are presentable and well-maintained.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
General office environment; must be able to utilize a phone, computer, and other office equipment. While performing the job duties, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; and occasionally stand, walk, reach, stoop, or kneel. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: Strong emotional intelligence; collaborative, calm, positive, clear, concise verbal communication skills; detail-oriented, inclusive, passionate, and problem-solver.
Education: Two or more years of high school, with average or above grades. Prefer high school graduate.
Specific Skills/Knowledge: Ability to maintain composure and accuracy in a fast-paced customer service environment; knowledge of basic ‘retail’ math; ability to maintain a flexible schedule as required by activity in the Center, including evenings, holidays, and weekends; skill in learning new software programs and applying this knowledge to perform the essential tasks of the position; affinity for arts and education; excellent problem-solving skills.
Pay ranges $11 to $13 an hour, hours range from 15 to 25 per week, based on events and programing throughout the year.
The specific statements in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
To apply please visit Customer Service at 17801 Detroit Ave, Lakewood, main building, first floor, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.