Secret ArtWorks is one of our most anticipated events that showcases artistic talent from Greater Cincinnati and beyond in the form of thousands of 5×7 inch works of art. This party plays host to art lovers and patrons including Cincinnati’s most enthusiastic art connoisseurs, city leaders and young professionals.
We are currently looking for artists to #BeTheSecret and submit their own Secrets for the event. If you haven’t yet applied to participate, visit our Secret ArtWorks page. We’ll be in touch with canvases you’ll need to create beautiful Secrets.
Do you have your supplies already but still have some questions? You came to the right place. We’re breaking down our most frequently asked questions about being a Secret Artist.
- When is the deadline to submit art? October 15. This way we can catalog it and mount it for the event.
- When is the event itself? Friday, November 16 at 7pm at The Banks: 145 Second St E, Ste 120 Cincinnati, OH 45202
- How much does the art sell for? Do I get to keep the profits? Secrets will sell for $75 each. This event is our annual fall fundraiser, the proceeds of Secret sales are to support ArtWorks.
- Do I get to attend the event? Yes! Artists are invited to attend the event for free! Artists are also invited to the VIP hour before the party starts and receive a heavily discounted ticket for a guest/plus one (only $35 with discount).
- Who can participate as a Secret Artist? We welcome all levels of artists and skill levels!
- What do we submit art on? Once you submit your intent to participate, you will receive a packet in the mail detailing the process of being a Secret Artist. The packet includes 5”x7” canvases that all art must be submitted on. The packet also includes a sturdy return envelope to mail your art back to our offices.
- Is there a preferred subject matter or theme? No, we welcome all types of art. However, relief work must be no more than 1” in depth.
- I was approached by a curator to submit a piece. Do I need to do anything special?When you submit your piece back to ArtWorks, please indicate which curator you are working with.
We hope this answers your questions! If you still have questions that are not answered here, please contact Sandra Okot-Kotber, email@example.com. We look forward to seeing your Secrets. And remember, don’t tell!