Assistant Station Manager
ideasteam, Northeast Ohio’s innovative multiple media organization, has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Station Manager. ideastream owns and operates one public TV and two public radio stations, and jointly owns and operates a broadcast tower. Located in Playhouse Square, Cleveland’s vibrant theatre district, this organization is situated in a diverse, stimulating, and creative area. Cleveland is on the rise and has a small town feel with big city amenities and culture.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and Station Manager, Radio, this is a mid-level management position for an individual who has experience supervising staff and an understanding of broadcast operations, traffic, programming, production, fundraising, audience data, and compliance requirements. The Assistant Station Manager is responsible for fostering the positive organizational culture, personality, listener growth, and financial viability of WCPN-FM, WCLV-FM, WVIZ/PBS and their multi-platform services. This is a full-time Northeast Ohio-based position.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Data Analysis, Programming and Traffic
- Data tracking and analyzing programming
- With Station Manager, assess new program and acquisition opportunities
- With Executive Editor and Station Manager, produce and schedule all program and content promotions
- With Station Manager, produce, schedule, track and identify impact of program promotion spots and campaigns
Communications, Marketing and Events
- Serve as liaison to relevant departments for broadcast platforms, including preparation of text and proofing programming guides
- Answer viewer/listener calls and emails as needed
- Track and report music and programming rights
- Compile data for the annual CPB SABS/SAS
- Track, compile and regularly update all FCC and CPB-required documentation of compliance
- Prepare quarterly program issues reports for WCPN-FM, WCLV-FM and WVIZ/PBS
On-Air and Development
- Work closely with Marketing to develop on-air, print, purchased and other programming, event and engagement campaigns
- Participate in on-air fundraising
- Assist in development of pledge schedules
- Work with Development department to identify and, as needed, assisting in executing experiential thank you gifts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of education and/or experience in marketing, journalism, communications, non-profit management, or a closely related field.
- Five years progressive experience in a management role of a public or commercial broadcast station
- Experience using audio editing and/or automation and/or traffic software, including ProTrack
- Effective organizational, and communication skills
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with diverse employees and customer/client groups
WVIZ/PBS & 90.3 WCPN ideastream is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
If you fit this profile and are looking for the next big move in your career please go to www.ideastream.org/employment
and click on the position desired