Art House, Inc., is seeking a qualified candidate who is passionate about the importance and necessity of the arts in our society and eager to join the staff of a small non-profit that is growing. The Program Director (PD) develops, plans, and manages all Art House programs and seeks new partners. S/he will work closely with artists, schools, and other clients to provide meaningful experiences, workshops, and arts-in-education programs. As a member of the Art House team, the PD will work with the Executive Director, Development Officer (DO), and Administrative Assistant to develop, plan, budget, evaluate programs, and process contracts and invoices. In addition, the Program Director will work with board, staff, and community members to develop, plan and execute yearly and special events including events associated with the campus expansion project for realizing a Green Art Park/Outdoor Classroom.
Program Management: Urban Bright Art-in-education, StudioGo
- Plan Urban Bright Arts-in-Education residencies per school year and the yearly UB Exhibition
- Develop workshops/program(s)/classes based on the Art House mission and requests
- Hire artists appropriate for each program/workshop
- Facilitate workshops
- Create budgets
- Order/stock art supplies
- Process contracts and check requests and work with Administrative Assistant to process contracts, invoices, check requests
- Recruit volunteers/assistants as needed
- Studio prep
- Site visits/documentation
Communications and Outreach
- Seek out and meet with potential, new, and on-going, clients, partners (funded and FFS)
- Create schedules for in-house workshops and coordinate with Studio Tech; update program participants and Studio Tech on schedules and changes
- Meet with partners and teaching artists regularly to insure program success
- Facilitate offsite community programs, such as Open Houses, Falloween, etc.
- Track student growth and assessment findings through distributing, collecting surveys and evaluations to aggregate for programs grant reports
- Participant numbers and contact information
- Partner names, locations, dates, student numbers
- Collect and file signed photo/video release forms
- Track and report income and expenditures
Regularly write program summations/assessment narratives for board and grants: provide stories and accurate program details: projects, artists, student numbers, proposed and actual income/expense and image documentation
Work with and supervise Interns to achieve:
- Timely submission of Press Releases for events and programs to on-line sites, and physical newspapers, etc., to the widest possible network.
- Develop/design/distribute print advertising, brochures, and postcard
- Keep website and Social Media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) updated and active to promote programs/events
- Participate in staff meetings as scheduled
- Facilitate Urban Bright and Programming Committees: projects, tasks, and ideas.
- Work together with ED,DO, and PD to develop programs and budgets
- Collaborate With ED to plan yearly calendar, UB Program themes, build and expand AH studio offerings.
- Lead the effort with ED and DO to revise/edit evaluations and surveys and research to complete Art House report card
- Plan and execute benefit events and special programs Engagement Committee and staff:
- Attend meetings/events on behalf of AH as needed and seminars as opportunities arise
- Assist with volunteer, intern, and artist recruitment, interviews, scheduling, and follow-ups
- Other assorted actions and duties as needed
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to write clearly and succinctly,
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of art history, current trends, art materials and methods
- Knowledge of Ohio Department of Education Visual Art Standards
- Budget preparation, familiarity with Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Photo/video editing, design applications, and social media platforms
- Ability to work independently
- Strong contributor in team environment
- Plus: Bilingual
Please send resume, letter of interest, and contact information for 3 professional references to email@example.com. Review begins immediately. Position is open until filled.
Art House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to the work of creating a more equitable and just world. Our mission is to inspire exploration and expression through the visual arts. www.arthouseinc.org