Administrator, Center for Music
Founded in 1912, The Cleveland Music School Settlement (dba The Music Settlement) provides music and arts programming to students of all ages and backgrounds in a way that promotes creativity, self-confidence and artistic expression. Our mission is to create a community where artistic expression belongs to everyone by serving those who seek personal growth through the arts.
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Chair, Center for Music
The Administrator, Center for Music advances and supports the mission of The Music Settlement through assisting the Chair in the following areas:
- Oversee scholarship audition process, scholarship and financial aid application, and implementation of Tuition Assistance program
- Manage data related to Tuition Assistance program
- Manage data such as faculty directory, etc.
- Manage Center for Music course pricing in the registration system, as needed
- Assist with course cancellation based on enrollment reports
- Assist Chair in evaluation of existing programs and faculty/customer surveys
- Lead employee orientation training on attendance software and paperwork
- Review, sign and submit time sheets and special compensation forms as needed to Human Resources
- Manage faculty stipends as assigned by Chair
- Create and manage contracts (new/renewal)
- Manage artist in residence concerts, booking, and scheduling in coordination in Chair
- Manage inventory – manage all aspects of The Music Settlement instrument inventory, sheet music/score inventory, and order instruments and supplies as necessary
- Manage the intake of all donated instrument, music, and equipment. Work with The Music Settlement Development to ensure donations are processed correctly
- Serve as liaison between The Music Settlement Enrollment and Customer Service office and Center for Music outreach partners
- Obtain reports and data pertinent to Board, and Development needs
OUTREACH PROGRAMMING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support new and existing outreach programs in conjunction with Chair
- Develop, manage, and evaluate outreach programs and satellite lesson programs as assigned
- Create special registration forms specific to school – Manage all data related to outreach/satellite programs
- Visit schools and community events for recruitment, as directed
- Prepare, assign, and track in/out all instruments used in Center for Music outreach programs
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of the Center for Music yearly calendar
- Identify important events/dates at The Music Settlement for Center for Music
- Plan and execute the Center for Music’s signature events: Holiday Circlefest, Arts on Magnolia, and others as needed
- Prepare travel arrangements for conference, community, and recruitment events
- Prepare collateral/materials for conferences, tradeshows, recruitment, and community
- Attend and participate in selected events
- Complete and submit performance/event surveys ad work with Development to process
- Contribute to the development of The Music Settlement’s Ohio City satellite location
- Establish regular meetings with Chair to identify action items, timelines, strategies, etc.
- Support the educational activities of the organization, and meet patrons’ needs as assigned by Chair
- Perform other additional duties as assigned
- Support the mission of The Music Settlement
- Work and complete goals independently and within a team setting
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Possess detail-oriented and excellent follow-through skills
- Possess proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Possess the ability to learn new software competencies (Activenet registration software, LibraryWorld)
- Present a professional appearance and pleasant demeanor
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
The Administrator, Center for Music must personally adhere to all established personnel policies and practices of The Music Settlement. As a member of the administrative staff, this individual must encourage a respectful, healthy, and productive work environment for all employees, volunteers, customers, and clients.
Apply online at www.TheMusicSettlement.org/about/careers by filling out the online form for Administrator, Center for Music, and uploading cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
The Music Settlement is an equal opportunity employer and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law.