Posted: Oct 01, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: The Marketing Manager is responsible for the timely creation of all print and digital media necessary to ensure Near West Theatre’s strategic marketing and communication efforts and increase organizational awareness and visibility. The Marketing Manager will assure effective content creation and management of the print and digital marketing, social media, advertising, public relations, and communications of the organization and associated budgets.
Near West Theatre has a unique identity as an intergenerational community-based theatre where people work side-by-side, onstage and off, in the creation of our annual season and through participation in mission-centric programs and events. NWT provides high quality, innovative, socially relevant musicals, while maintaining Pay What You Can tickets. NWT is located in the heart of the Gordon Square Arts District in our state-of-the-art 27,000 square foot, ADA accessible facility.
Project Design & Management:
• Project manage all marketing and promotional print publicity initiatives, including, but not limited to: season brochure, production promotional materials, events and programs
• Coordinate and manage marketing calendar and ensure key staff and contractors meet deadlines and objectives
• Set goals, vision and standards for key promotional materials and communicate effectively through organization
• Create, design, revise, and clean graphic design materials for shows, events, and other promotional announcements
• Oversee design, creation, and implementation of production playbills
• Cultivate relationships and develop an effective network of artists, designers, photographers, and printers
Marketing & Promotion:
• Maintain brand-identity of the organization
• Manage, maintain, update website as needed
• Manage creation of e-mail marketing promotions and quarterly e-newsletter, “The Circle”
• Manage and create content for all social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, blog, etc.) and implement strategies to increase awareness and engagement
• Manage paid ad campaigns on Facebook, Google, or other digital platforms
• Manage customer research
• Develop and implement campaigns to increase visibility in specific areas and populations
• Develop and implement recruitment strategies for program participants, volunteers, and crew
• Oversee grassroots marketing campaigns with program participants and volunteers
• Oversee all organization photography and video documentation
Media Relations and Communications:
• Draft and distribute press releases
• Create and implement strategy for media relations, including forging new relationships with local media entities
• Manage relationships with in-kind media sponsors
• Serve as point person for all general external communications related to the theatre
• Create digital and print ads on an as-needed basis
• Archive photos, videos, ads, articles/stories, and show publicity
• Create new process for archiving, indexing, and borrowing archived materials
• Manage interior and exterior signage
• Manage merchandise creation and sales
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: Oversees the position of Guest Services Associate, and any contracted marketing/design staff. Occasional management of students, interns, or volunteers on marketing related projects.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: The Marketing Manager reports to the Executive Director and Artistic Director.
• Excellence in writing, messaging, and communications
• Proficiency in messaging using the voice and brand of the organization
• Experience formatting graphics and other collateral in Adobe creative suite
• Experience with overseeing print and digital design projects
• Ease in customer-centered communications with the public
• Ability to effectively manage time while balancing a diversity of projects at once
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficiency in Constant Contact (or other constituent email system), Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Basecamp (or other task management platform)
• Proficiency in Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom)
• Proficiency with various social media platforms and Hootsuite
• Website management: design and editing
• A commitment to the values and mission of the organization
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS:
• Kind, empathetic, and collaborative in maintaining a safe and positive work environment
• A proactive self-starter and creative problem-solver
• An appreciation and knowledge of the arts and live theatre
• An appreciation for social justice initiatives
• A desire to make our community and region a better society
• Passion for helping guests, patrons, participants, families, and volunteers
• A willingness to support other staff and pitch in when someone needs help
• Calmness under pressure
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3+ years’ experience in Marketing, Communications, or other related fields. Experience with nonprofits, arts and culture institutions, and/or theaters preferred.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: This is a Full-Time, exempt, 9am to 5pm position requiring some evenings and weekends. NWT offers a starting annual salary of $35,000 in addition to medical, dental benefits, and 4% contribution into retirement after one year. 20 days of paid time off annually, in addition to national holidays and organization-wide winter break.
PHYSICAL: Must be able to work in an open office environment. Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer and other office equipment such as a copy machine and computer printer. Candidates must follow our policies and procedures including being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and completing a background check.
To Apply: Please apply with cover letter and resume online through our website form. If preferred, applicants may email application directly to: email@example.com with the job title listed in the subject line; or mail to: Near West Theatre, ATTN: Human Resources Department, 6702 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44102.
Position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please. Near West Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.